Ways to Donate
Donate online with PayPal
are always welcome, and are used to purchase pet food and supplies, pay shelter
expenses such as heat and electricity, and veterinary bills.
Checks can be made out to Hancock County Humane Society and mailed or brought in to our shelter.
Donations can be brought to our shelter during our open hours
Saturdays 10:00am – 2:00pm
(Click here for our address and a map to our shelter)
purchased and shipped to us via Amazon from our...
If possible, please contact us to ask what is needed before donating food or supplies
as we occasionally have an excess of certain supplies and have limited storage space.
**DUE TO COVID-19 CAUTIONS, AT THIS TIME WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT ITEMS IN ORIGINAL, UNOPENED PACKAGING**
- Dry Cat Food: Iams Original (adult); Iams Kitten; Royal Canin Babycat 34 or Kitten 36
- Canned Food: Iams Perfect Portions Kitten Pate Chicken Recipe (trays); Hills Science Diet Wet Kitten Food in Turkey, or Liver & Chicken; Fancy Feast Kitten in Turkey or Chicken; Fancy Feast Adult in Seafood flavors
- KMR powder - either Newborn or Weaning varieties
- Clay cat litter (non-scoopable) - any unscented brand
- Scoopable cat litter - any unscented brand
- Heavy-duty paper towels
- Laundry detergent (unscented, mild)
New or gently used towels, washcloths, or baby blankets **DUE TO COVID-19 CAUTIONS, WE ARE TEMPORARILY UNABLE TO ACCEPT THESE ITEMS**
- Fabric softener (unscented)
- Inkjet paper - white 8-1/2 x 11
- Fur mice toys - white or gray
- Trash bags - 3ml thick Contractor Bags, 42+ gallon ("Husky", etc.)
- Trash bags - 30 gallon drawstring heavy duty
- Small plain paper plates, 6" or smaller (no styrofoam)
- New full-size (large) litter boxes (we cannot accept used litter boxes)
- New or gently used cat carriers
- Gift cards for purchasing supplies - Walmart, TSC
- Daily Reporter newspapers, color or smaller ad supplements removed - for use in our shelter
(We cannot accept cat "treats" due to varying effects on our cats and kittens,
or used litter boxes.)
Amazon Wish List: You can purchase items from our Charity Wish List by clicking here , and items we need will be sent directly to us!
Amazon Smile: Click here to shop Amazon with our shelter selected as your charity, and Amazon will donate a percentage of any shopping you do!
Sponsor a Pet: Even if you can't adopt, you can help sponsor the costs of caring for our pets.
Browse our Animal listings and look for the "Sponsor Me" links. A sponsorship can be a one-time donation, or ongoing.
Your help towards our kitties' food, spay/neuter, veterinary care, and medical expenses is greatly appreciated!